Get It Girl Leotard
Gymnastics: it’s been called one of the most difficult of all sports. Gymnastics takes mental and physical toughness. And you need to be in the headspace to turn up the heat and bring fire to every practice. Destira’s Get It Girl leotard is proof that strength comes from the inside and shines through on the outside. Black hologram fabric has a smoldering shimmer. Metallic graphics look 24-karat and tie the fierce look together. Go out there and conquer.
- Drop Shoulder styling has all the comfort and mobility of our Perfect Tank silhouette. It has a bonus feature: exciting detail at the shoulders for contrast.
- The body is constructed from “hologram” fabric which is a favorite for its glamorous beauty. Hologram has a liquid shine that glows and sparkles, and adds remarkable depth to colors.
- Hologram is a shiny metallic fabric with a breathable four-way stretch.
- Matching scrunchie included.
You may also like
Tips for Sizing
Destira leotards run fairly true to your gymnast's clothing size. Most often, a gymnast will wear the same size they wear in street clothes. For example, a 10/12 Child Large in girls clothing is a Child Large in Destira.
Metallic fabrics have less stretch and will have a tighter feel when worn. Keep fabric type in mind when choosing size. For growing room, choose one size up.
Please do not size based on another apparel brand, as each brand runs differently. When in doubt size to your gymnast's street clothing size.
|24 1/2"||19 1/2"||21 3/8"||39 3/8"||Child XXS (3-4)|
|24 7/8"||19 7/8"||21 3/4"||41 1/2"||Child XS (5-6)|
|25 1/4"||20 1/4"||22 1/8"||43 3/4"||Child S (6x-7)|
|25 5/8"||20 5/8"||22 1/2"||45 3/4"||Child M (8-10)|
|26"||21"||22 7/8"||48"||Child L (10-12)|
|27 1/4"||19 3/4"||25 3/4"||49 5/8"||Junior (12-14)|
|28 3/4"||20 3/4"||27 1/4"||51 3/4"||Adult XS|
|30 1/8"||21 3/8"||28 3/4"||53 7/8"||Adult S|
|31 1/2"||23 3/4"||30 1/4"||56"||Adult M|
|33"||25 1/8"||31 3/4"||58"||Adult L|
|34 3/4"||26 1/2"||33 1/4"||60 3/8"||Adult XL*|
How to Measure
- Chest Measurement: taken with a deep breath, arms held out at shoulder height. Go directly over shoulder blades on back.
- Waist Measurement: taken at natural waistline, on-or-around belly-button
- Hip Measurement: taken around the fullest part of the buttocks
- Torso Measurement: taken from the center of the shoulder, down the front, between the legs, and up to the back to the starting point.
Tips to make your favorite Destira last longer!
Rinse/Wash ASAP: Leotards need a rinse even after a quick workout. Sweat, body oils, and deodorant can do damage. The sooner you can wash, the better!
Hand Wash: All the experts agree that hand washing is best. Washing machines agitate all the delicate parts - crystals, vinyl, straps, or holograms.
Soap Up: We recommend washing a leotard with a mild detergent(our favorite is Ivory Snow liquid). Stay away from a standard laundry detergent, especially granular ones, as they can be abrasive. DO NOT use Woolite or fabric softener. They break down the glue that holds the foil and/or embellishment on the garment. Do not bleach or iron your leotards.
Dry Off: Resist the urge to wring your leotards after hand washing them. Doing so can damage the fibers. Lay the leotard out on a towel, roll the towel up and squeeze gently, then lay it out to dry. Avoid drying it in sunshine.
Rotate Leos: Spandex and Lycra are memory fabrics, meaning they need a full day to snap back to their usual position. If you're at camp, or wear leotards often, it's essential to have more than one so that each leo has 24 hours to bounce back (as well as time to wash and dry completely).
Keep Cool: Hot water is bad for workout wear. Wash your garment in cold water.
Prep Your New Leotards: Before your first workout, you can do a 30-minute soak in a vinegar and water mixture (1 tablespoon white vinegar per quart of water) to prevent dye from bleeding. PS - This works for all your clothes and is great for dark denim!
Watch Where You Sit: When you're at the gym, watch out for Velcro on mats, equipment, or grips. Velcro can snag leotard material.