Red Metallic Wings Perfect Tank Leotard
Red Wings is just $25.00 this week and we'll donate 100% of proceeds from the sale of this leotard through the end of November to California United Ways. We ask you to please spread the word on both of these efforts, and participate in GivingTuesday with us!
California has been our home since our beginning in 2003. 100% of our apparel is still made in Los Angeles, and one of our offices is located in Northern California in the Bay Area. Our California upbringing and lifestyles inspire our spirited, bright and trendy designs, our company culture, and our core values.
Over the past two weeks, two significant wildfires have devastated in Northern and Southern California. The Camp Fire in Northern California has burned over 142,000 acres, and destroyed the community of Paradise. The Woolsey and Hill Fires in Southern California has burned nearly 103,000 acres combined, and is affecting communities in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
The devastation from the fires is so close to home it hurts our hearts and souls and we want to give back.
In response to the fires, several California United Ways have established disaster relief funds to help those impacted, particularly low-income families and children.
- The Perfect Tank styling is designed for comfort and improved mobility. It’s a timeless classic that works for every workout.
- Crafted from durable, high quality, 4-way stretch lycra that is lightweight and highly breathable with superior flexibility.
- Smooth seams for reduced irritation.
- It’s a perfect choice for gymnasts who demand a style and fabric that are ultra-soft and comfy.
As always a matching scrunchie is provided.Size Chart
You may also like
Tips for Sizing
- Destira leotards run fairly true to your gymnast's clothing size. Most often, a gymnast will wear the same size they wear in street clothes.
- Metallic fabrics have less stretch and will have a tighter feel when worn. Keep fabric type in mind when choosing size. For growing room, choose one size up.
|22 - 23"||17 ½ - 19"||20 ½ - 21"||38 - 40"||Child XXS (3-4)|
|23 - 25"||18 ½ - 20"||21 ½ - 23"||40 - 43"||Child XS (5-6)|
|25 - 26"||20 - 21 ½"||23 - 24 ½"||43 ½ - 45"||Child S (6x-7)|
|26 - 27 ½"||21 - 22 ½"||24 - 25 ½"||45 ½ - 47"||Child M (8-10)|
|27 - 28 ½"||22 - 23"||25 - 26 ½"||47 - 49"||Child L (10-12)|
|28 - 30"||19 ½ - 21"||27 ½ - 29"||51 - 52 ½"||Junior (12-14)|
|29 ½ - 31"||21 ½ - 23"||29 - 30 ½"||52 ½ - 54"||Adult XS|
|30 ½ - 33"||22 ½ - 24"||30 ½ - 32"||54 - 55 ½"||Adult S|
|32 ½ - 33 ½"||24 - 25 ½"||32 - 33"||56 - 57 ½"||Adult M|
|34 - 35"||25 ½ - 26 ½"||33 ½ - 35"||57 - 59"||Adult L|
|35 - 36"||26 ½ - 28"||35 - 36"||59 - 61"||Adult XL*|
How to Measure
- Chest Measurement: taken with a deep breath, arms held out at shoulder height. Go directly over shoulder blades on back.
- Waist Measurement: taken at natural waistline, on-or-around belly-button
- Hip Measurement: taken around the fullest part of the buttocks
- Torso Measurement: taken from the center of the shoulder, down the front, between the legs, and up to the back to the starting point.
Tips to make your favorite Destira last longer!
Rinse/Wash ASAP: Leotards need a rinse even after a quick workout. Sweat, body oils, and deodorant can do damage. The sooner you can wash, the better!
Hand Wash: All the experts agree that hand washing is best. Washing machines agitate all the delicate parts - crystals, vinyl, straps, or holograms.
Soap Up: We recommend washing a leotard with a mild detergent(our favorite is Ivory Snow liquid). Stay away from a standard laundry detergent, especially granular ones, as they can be abrasive. DO NOT use Woolite or fabric softener. They break down the glue that holds the foil and/or embellishment on the garment. Do not bleach or iron your leotards.
Dry Off: Resist the urge to wring your leotards after hand washing them. Doing so can damage the fibers. Lay the leotard out on a towel, roll the towel up and squeeze gently, then lay it out to dry. Avoid drying it in sunshine.
Rotate Leos: Spandex and Lycra are memory fabrics, meaning they need a full day to snap back to their usual position. If you're at camp, or wear leotards often, it's essential to have more than one so that each leo has 24 hours to bounce back (as well as time to wash and dry completely).
Keep Cool: Hot water is bad for workout wear. Wash your garment in cold water.
Prep Your New Leotards: Before your first workout, you can do a 30-minute soak in a vinegar and water mixture (1 tablespoon white vinegar per quart of water) to prevent dye from bleeding. PS - This works for all your clothes and is great for dark denim!
Watch Where You Sit: When you're at the gym, watch out for Velcro on mats, equipment, or grips. Velcro can snag leotard material.