Trust Your Crazy Ideas: an inspirational leotard collection
Google “Trust Your Crazy Ideas,” and you’ll see this inspirational quote printed on T-shirts, notebook covers, stickers, framed posters, and more. But what are crazy ideas and why should you trust them? And, more importantly, how do they relate to our obsession: gymnastics? A crazy idea is…
- An inspiration that was born deep in your heart
- It’s that wild and free, totally unique part of yourself bubbling up and tapping you on the shoulder
- Crazy ideas are disruptive to the norm and maybe a little scary at first
Being able to trust your crazy idea is the ability to embrace the unknown, to feel comfortable with the undiscovered. And, ultimately, trust yourself. It’s not about success or failure. It’s about respecting and trusting yourself enough to take a risk, to try something new and grow from it, whatever the outcome.
Think about airplanes, sending mail electronically (yep, we call that, “email”), TV, an iPad, your cell phone. Before they were created, they seemed like crazy ideas… and now they’ve become part of our daily lives and culture.
How does this all fit in with gymnastics? A crazy idea may be the invention of a time travel machine, but it may also be…
- a new way to approach your training routine
- a different way to view success
- finding a yet undiscovered source of inspiration
- gaining a new appreciation of your teammates and coach
- wearing a leotard with a cactus on it!
The possibilities are limitless! When you trust yourself and your intuition, you’ll be opening the door to growth. Destira’s designed a gymnastics leotard collection to celebrate your crazy ideas. We hope our new designs inspire you to trust them… and yourself. So, wear that leotard covered in flying bananas. What's a cactus doing on a gymanstics leotard? That’s a crazy idea!
“I will rather regret the risks that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.”
- Simone Biles
"In order to feel alive, we have to accomplish things that we once believed we could not."
- Dominique Moceanu