With summer approaching and warm weather coming our way, why not take that home workout into the fresh air? Below are our ideas to bring some of your strength-building, cardio-pumping, balance-refining moves out of doors.
Jump-start your commitment to a fresh-air workout with these ideas from Destira:
Run up a flight of stairs: we’re talking high intensity, glute-burning cardio with this one! Doing up and down home staircases works here, too—just be sure that your flooring is non-slip, free of clutter, and safe to run on.
- Ditch the mat and use the grass for your favorite yoga flow: downward dog is even better outside.
- Speaking of dogs, take your canine friend out for regular walks or runs. Frisbee, anyone?
- Do push-ups, single leg step ups, and triceps dips on a park bench.
- Find an incline and crush some hill sprints.
- Jump-jump-jump rope.
- Dance. It. Out.
- Use the sidewalk curb as a tightrope: walk backwards, walk heel-to-toe, side step.
- Cut loose from the treadmill: walk, run, or cycle on a safe trail.
Plank just about anywhere.
These are just a few ideas, we’re sure you have more. Get creative, impress yourself, and let us know what you come up with!
Visit us on Pinterest for a ton of inspiration, and show us your fresh air moves by tagging us @destiraleotards when you share on social!