What Size Destira Leotard Do I Buy?
Trying to size a new gymnastics leotard for your growing athlete can be difficult, especially when you are buying online. No worries though - we are here to help! We have taken all of our knowledge on sizing and fitting your new Destira leotard and put it all in one place for you. Plus, we answer some of the most common questions that parents of gymnasts have.
Here are some additional helpful tips for sizing your gymnast for her new Destira leotard:
- Gymnastics and dance leotards and unitards are made to fit tightly so we suggest sizing up for growing room or if you want a more relaxed fit.
- Keep fabric type in mind when selecting your size. Our hologram and velvet fabrics have a little less stretch than our traditional soft fabric, so if your gymnast is on the cusp of needing a new size, we recommend sizing up.
- Keep the style of the gymnastics leotard in mind as well. Some styles, such as our Double Strap Cami or Woven Back gymnastics practice leotards may fit a little differently than our Perfect Tank training leotards due to the straps.
- Please do not choose a size based on another gymnastics or dance apparel brand, as each brand runs differently. When in doubt, size to your gymnast's street clothing size.
- If a new style is running a little larger or smaller fit than usual, we will let you know!
- If you have been shopping with Destira for a while OR you have some awesome Destira leotard hand-me-downs, you may have noticed that our Junior (JR) size has been renamed to Child X-Large (CXL).
If you receive your new Destira gear and find that it's not quite the fit you are looking for, Destira offers FREE first time exchanges! So rest assured, if your athlete tries on her leotard and wants a smaller or larger size, you can follow our easy exchange process online and you’ll have free round trip size exchange, and the perfect fit guaranteed!